Bihar's lady docs a harassed lot
Whywar707909928
2004-01-04 22:00:44 UTC
Bihar's lady docs a harassed lot
PRANAVA K CHAUDHARY

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ SUNDAY, JANUARY 04, 2004 11:15:35 PM ]

PATNA: "After a long wait, I got a job in the health department. After a few
months, I got an 'invitation' to attend the birthday party of my boss' son.
When I reached his house, I was surprised to find no sign of any party there.
My boss was alone in the house. He made it clear if I wanted a favourable
evaluation of my performance, I would have to accept his sexual advances. I was
angry and frightened, but what could I do? He was so powerful and had full
control over my career."

This is a female doctor, responding to a survey on sexual harassment. Conducted
by Equity Foundation, an organisation working for women and children, at
various levels of the medical profession in Patna, the survey has more than 80
per cent of the respondents saying sexual harassment is more prevalent in their
profession as compared to any other.

The respondents maintained most of the "harassers" are senior doctors, besides
fellow medical students, interns and resident doctors.

Nearly three-fourth of the respondents said they had been, or were still being,
sexually harassed - more than once in many cases. Some of them, including
doctors in government health services, described how they had received
"invitations" for a date from senior doctors before granting requests for
letters of recommendation, or before completing their performance appraisals,
the survey report says.

The survey was conducted from October to December 2003, in which 200 female
medical professionals, such as resident doctors, interns and nurses, including
those in government health services, were interviewed through a questionnaire.
Mirza Ghalib
2004-01-05 05:25:55 UTC
Another feather in Bihar's cap.

Bihar has regressed into the age of feudalism. The difference between
the old feudal system and the new is that the so called "opressed
classes" are in command.
Kunal Singh
2004-01-07 04:10:06 UTC
Every crime that occurs in Bihar is counted by Mirza Ghalib, please
provide to us statistics for the daily events in other states as well,
failing which I will be glad to do the required research ..
Mirza Ghalib
2004-01-09 06:21:51 UTC
I did not post the item. It is others who note the
defradation of Bihar. I simply posted my 2-cent worth on it.

However, the fact remains that your chances of being kidnapped
for ransom are about 10 times bigger than in Delhi.

Kunal Singh
2004-01-07 04:26:07 UTC
Nothing feudal about it, happens everywhere there is a mleccha Sharma,
Dixit, Joshi, Jha etc.

TTE rapes woman in moving train
M L KAPUR

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ TUESDAY, JANUARY 06, 2004 10:39:04 PM ]

FARIDABAD : A woman travelling ticketless on the Delhi-Mumbai Swaraj
Express’s AC coach on Saturday night was allegedly raped by a travelling
ticket examiner (TTE). The train was passing through Faridabad .

The accused, Vinod Sharma, is accused of rape is absconding. The
18-year-old woman, a resident of Bulandshahr, was on her way to Mumbai
to meet her brother. She was travelling without a ticket. Sharma
allegedly took her to the store cabin of the coach and raped her. His
colleague, Mangat Ram, guarded the cabin’s door, a police official said.

Although no one heard her cries, the woman managed to get out of the
cabin after the assault. Ram tried to drag her back into the cabin. At
this point, a railway police sub-inspector (SI) heard her shouts for help.

As the officer was in plainclothes, the duo snubbed him when he
intervened. On finding out that he was a policeman, Sharma and Ram
allegedly escaped.

The woman told the SI about the incident. When the train reached Mathura
at about 11.15 pm , the train was searched, but both Sharma and Ram were
missing.
Kunal Singh