Jesus was a black of African descent
habshi
2005-12-25 11:28:05 UTC
as was the Prophet.

independent.co.uk
Was Jesus black?

By Robert Verkaik

This question has preoccupied theologians since at least the end of
the 19th century. What most concede is that he could not have been a
white Caucasian as depicted in Western iconography. In Revelation he
is said to have hair " like wool" which is used as evidence to show he
was of African descent. The indigenous people of the Middle East at
the time of Jesus's birth were mostly of African birth. The existence
of Black Madonnas, dark-skinned images of Jesus's mother, Mary, have
also strengthened the case for Jesus being of non-Caucasian descent.
Jesus' male ancestors trace a line from Shem, the eldest son of Noah.
Anthropologists believe they would have been of mixed race because of
their time spent in captivity in Egypt and Babylon. The "black/white"
argument is easily settled if one follows the American test of whether
someone is racially "black". Under the " one-drop rule" if any person
has any black ancestors he or she is considered "black" even if they
have pale skin colour. Under this rule, Mariah Carey, LaToya Jackson
and Jesus would all be classified as " black".
bob young
Morar
2005-12-25 15:53:47 UTC
Post by bob young
Christ is/was a myth
Post by habshi
[...]
According to accepted wisdom broadcasted on BBC, Mary was raped by
Roman soldier.
c***@ntlworld.com
2005-12-27 11:43:53 UTC
Jewish wisdom you mean?
d***@yahoo.com
2005-12-25 22:02:24 UTC
Damn, and still hundreds of millions from all walks of like believe in
him. Must be very irritating for you.
Post by bob young
Christ is/was a myth
bob young
2005-12-26 12:42:01 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
Damn, and still hundreds of millions from all walks of like believe in
him. Must be very irritating for you.
Not really, you see I 'believed' as a kid, was taken to Sunday School, and
then at college all of us divinity classes - it left most of us 'believing'
because we had been well and truly brainwashed..

After passing twenty one I got to use my own brains instead of other
people's, unlike the hundreds of millions you erroneously quote. Are you so
banal as to ask me to accept that your god is real simply because millions of
other idiots so decide ?

Bob
Humanist Brit.
Hong Kong

Nature tells man to consult reason, and to take it for his guide: religion
teaches him that his reason is corrupted, that it is only a treacherous
guide, given by a deceitful God to lead his creatures astray. Nature tells
man to enlighten himself, to search after truth, to instruct himself in his
duties: religion enjoins him to examine nothing, to remain in ignorance, to
fear truth.
[Paul-Henri Thiry, Baron d'Holbach (1723-1789)]

"There are two things in the world that can never
get together- religion & common sense."
[George W. Foote]
Post by d***@yahoo.com
Post by bob young
Christ is/was a myth
c***@gmail.com
2005-12-27 13:47:43 UTC
Not really, you see I 'believed' as a kid, <<<<<
Then you must once again become as a child because if you put away the
things of childhood to become a man (as you determined are a man's
credentials) then you become a reflection into the world of what is in
your soul. Is this what you want in the world?

" But Jesus called them [unto him], and said, Suffer little children to
come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God
as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. " KJ Luke 18:16-17

When do we allow the world to contaminate our souls ?

In Christ's love
Carol T
bob young
2005-12-28 06:36:18 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Not really, you see I 'believed' as a kid, <<<<<
Then you must once again become as a child because if you put away the
things of childhood to become a man (as you determined are a man's
credentials) then you become a reflection into the world of what is in
your soul. Is this what you want in the world?
" But Jesus called them [unto him], and said, Suffer little children to
come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God
as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. " KJ Luke 18:16-17
When do we allow the world to contaminate our souls ?
In Christ's love
Carol T
Quotes from an old book written by early men is next to useless.

Is that ALL you have?
d***@yahoo.com
2005-12-27 18:50:58 UTC
Just because you got to use my your "brains instead of other
people's" does not mean that Jesus is/was a myth. And just because
millions of people believe in Jesus, does not make them "idiots".

Are you so banal that I should believe you are the right one just
because you used your brain or that you go around calling people idiots
Panzer
2005-12-27 06:47:30 UTC
Post by bob young
Christ is/was a myth
he is not a myth, it is a historically verifiable fact that he existed
but his being a god is debatable, coz the dead sea scrolls show him to
be a very pious jewish man and as we all know it is unnatural for a jew
not to marry . so dan brown is probably true.

BTW who gives a damn all religions are man made and none of them are
true
d***@yahoo.com
2005-12-27 20:30:20 UTC
Atheism is man made. Is that true ?
r***@yahoo.com
2005-12-28 03:20:28 UTC
Heck, no. People are born as atheists.
bob young
2005-12-28 06:46:22 UTC
Post by r***@yahoo.com
Post by d***@yahoo.com
Atheism is man made. Is that true ?
Heck, no. People are born as atheists.
NO [shouts] - children are born pure, free from racial
hatred, free from religious dogma, innocent and lovely,
until someone starts to stuff nonsense into their brains; so
when they reach their teens some of them are as nasty as
many folks in this NG.

It should be illegal to cram religious dogma into children,
they should wait until they reach sixteen, then they can
study superstitions, buy alcohol and smoke if they want to.

Ask any Moslem kid if he hates the USA and he will probably
say "Yes of course I do" And he will have no more idea than
fly on the wall why, apart from what he has been taught.

And people question atheism !

bob
humanist Brit.
Hong kong

"Atheism is the world of reality, it is reason, it is
freedom. Atheism is human concern, and intellectual honesty
to a degree that the religious mind cannot begin to
understand. And yet it is more than this. Atheism is not an
old religion, it is not a new and coming religion, in fact
it is not, and never has been, a religion at all. The
definition of Atheism is magnificent in its simplicity:
Atheism is merely the bed-rock of sanity in a world of
madness."
[Atheism: An Affirmative View, by Emmett F. Fields]
d***@yahoo.com
2005-12-28 20:45:20 UTC
"children are born pure, free from racial
hatred, free from religious dogma, innocent and lovely,...."

Hmm true up to a point. But lets take this to the level of the super
atheists then. Who are the supert atheists then, why its the communists
off course. Yup fundies come in all shapes and sizes and atheists are
no exception.

"....until someone starts to stuff nonsense into their brains"

And off course only fundies make claims about stuffing "nonsens into
their brains" just because they disagree with something.
bob young
2005-12-30 05:18:35 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
"children are born pure, free from racial
hatred, free from religious dogma, innocent and lovely,...."
Hmm true up to a point. But lets take this to the level of the super
atheists then. Who are the supert atheists then, why its the communists
off course.
Idiot, where did you go to school?
d***@yahoo.com
2005-12-30 22:18:01 UTC
Where I went to school has nothing to with the fact that Communists are
atheists. Calling me an "idiot" will not change that and only reflects
poorly on the "tolerance" of atheists
bob young
2005-12-31 04:59:02 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
Where I went to school has nothing to with the fact that Communists are
atheists. Calling me an "idiot" will not change that and only reflects
poorly on the "tolerance" of atheists
Idiots are those that qualify as 'users of fiction and/or falsehoods in
their efforts to prop up an imaginary deity.

By that yardstick you qualify.

Prove me wrong.

Start by showing how The Ark myth could ever be treated with intellectual
factualism.

I have many more after you have dealt with that one.

Bob
harmony
2005-12-28 21:21:07 UTC
Post by bob young
Post by r***@yahoo.com
Post by d***@yahoo.com
Atheism is man made. Is that true ?
Heck, no. People are born as atheists.
NO [shouts] - children are born pure, free from racial
hatred, free from religious dogma, innocent and lovely,
until someone starts to stuff nonsense into their brains; so
when they reach their teens some of them are as nasty as
many folks in this NG.
It should be illegal to cram religious dogma into children,
they should wait until they reach sixteen, then they can
study superstitions, buy alcohol and smoke if they want to.
Ask any Moslem kid if he hates the USA and he will probably
say "Yes of course I do" And he will have no more idea than
fly on the wall why, apart from what he has been taught.
you might as well advocate no science and math teaching to kids just because
some mommedan or kirastani kid says something bad. dummy.
Post by bob young
And people question atheism !
bob
humanist Brit.
Hong kong (dummy brit in hongkong)
bob young
2005-12-31 05:00:06 UTC
Post by harmony
Post by bob young
Post by r***@yahoo.com
Post by d***@yahoo.com
Atheism is man made. Is that true ?
Heck, no. People are born as atheists.
NO [shouts] - children are born pure, free from racial
hatred, free from religious dogma, innocent and lovely,
until someone starts to stuff nonsense into their brains; so
when they reach their teens some of them are as nasty as
many folks in this NG.
It should be illegal to cram religious dogma into children,
they should wait until they reach sixteen, then they can
study superstitions, buy alcohol and smoke if they want to.
Ask any Moslem kid if he hates the USA and he will probably
say "Yes of course I do" And he will have no more idea than
fly on the wall why, apart from what he has been taught.
you might as well advocate no science and math teaching to kids just because
some mommedan or kirastani kid says something bad. dummy.
Your inane response proves my above point hit home

thanks
bob young
2005-12-28 06:39:19 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
Atheism is man made. Is that true ?
Are we talking about 'isms' or are we talking about whether
or not all of the gods were man made.

Atheism is a concept based largely on common sense thinking.
d***@yahoo.com
2005-12-28 20:50:39 UTC
I believe every ism is man made. Fascism, Racism, Communism.....
Atheism. That much we can be sure off. As for whether gods are man
made. Who knows, neither you or I were around a eons ago to figure out
howl it all started. But isms now those are different, those are
definitelty man made.
bob young
Naaaa I think the monkies made them
d***@yahoo.com
2005-12-30 22:06:43 UTC
"Monkies" ! Is this what "tolerant atheists" call monks. If that is
the case, then no, monks did not invent communism or atheism.
bob young
2005-12-31 05:16:02 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
"Monkies" ! Is this what "tolerant atheists" call monks.
What are you a real dummy or what - you hadn't the gray matter to work
out that I was referring to the animal variety, or the apes from which
we are all derived. It is obvious that some of us have kept many of
their basic instincts.

In case you are still in doubt

"Whu Wh Whu"
Post by d***@yahoo.com
If that is
the case, then no, monks did not invent communism or atheism.
Your attempt to link atheism with communism has been tried so many
times before, it is called 'straw clutching'. For the umpteenth time,
the communists banned all organisations, religious, philosophical,
social, in fact any organised group that might create a base for
resistance to their totalitarian regime. Regimes in other parts of the
world would have liked to do the same, but would never have got away
with it.

In China today religions are now tolerated as the country develops.
There is a senior Catholic Bishop in China

You like stats? Here's one, in medieval times approaching one hundred
percent of the population of Europe followed a religion [they were
scared and simple then]. Today, with the exception of Italy, the
aggregate percentage for Europe as a whole is now close to 20%.

Have a Happy Atheistic, Free, and Sane New Year

Emmitt's last line condenses the situation very nicely:

"Atheism is the world of reality, it is reason, it is freedom. Atheism
is human concern, and intellectual honesty to a degree that the
religious mind cannot begin to understand. And yet it is more than
this. Atheism is not an old religion, it is not a new and coming
religion, in fact it is not, and never has been, a religion at all. The
definition of Atheism is magnificent in its simplicity: Atheism is
merely the bed-rock of sanity in a world of madness."
[Atheism: An Affirmative View, by Emmett F. Fields]

"I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and
punishes his creatures, or has a will of the
kind that we experience in ourselves.
Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an
individual that survives his physical death;
let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism,
cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the
mystery of the eternity of life and with the
awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure
of the existing world, together with
the devoted striving to comprehend a portion,
be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that
manifests itself in nature."
[Albert Einstein,_The World as I See It_]
bob young
2005-12-31 05:19:02 UTC
Post by d***@yahoo.com
"Monkies" ! Is this what "tolerant atheists" call monks. If that is
the case, then no, monks did not invent communism or atheism.
It is deemed polite and considerate on these ng's to leave the previous
post intact so that others may have some idea of the drift.

Politeness, they say, is next to godliness.

Anyway I wil not be responding to any more stand alone posts.

Cheers

bob
humanist Brit.
Hong Kong
harmony
2005-12-30 21:06:52 UTC
you may want to think it over a little. we do know that kirastanism and
mummudism are man made, and named after the men responsible for it. using
'god' doesn't make these two ism godly, does it?
definitelty man made.
bob young
2005-12-31 05:21:02 UTC
Post by harmony
you may want to think it over a little. we do know that kirastanism and
mummudism are man made, and named after the men responsible for it. using
'god' doesn't make these two ism godly, does it?
No religion is godly until one of the gods appears. In public.

long wait ahead methinks !

Bob
Humanist Brit.

"People fashion their God after their own understanding. They make their God
first and worship him afterwards."
[Oscar Wilde]

"The Ethiop gods have Ethiop lips, Bronze cheeks, and woolly hair; The
Grecian gods are like the Greeks, As keen-eyed, cold and fair."
[Walter Bagehot]
definitelty man made.
Salah Jafar
2005-12-25 17:25:37 UTC
In five hundred years they will claim Elvis was black based on the shoe he
used to wear.
Salah Jafar
Salah Jafar
King Amdo
2005-12-25 19:21:41 UTC
Post by habshi
[...]
I should imagine 'e was a local likke...i.e. 'e was from Palestine...a
no brainer really. Does that make 'im black?

Oh shut up...who gives a fuck. Silly hippy fucker.
r***@yahoo.com
2005-12-25 19:35:21 UTC
Post by King Amdo
Post by habshi
as was the Prophet.
independent.co.uk
Was Jesus black?
By Robert Verkaik
Under the " one-drop rule" if any person
has any black ancestors he or she is considered "black" even if they
have pale skin colour. Under this rule, Mariah Carey, LaToya Jackson
and Jesus would all be classified as " black".
I should imagine 'e was a local likke...i.e. 'e was from Palestine...a
no brainer really. Does that make 'im black?
No; ... more likely brown. The claim wasn't that he was black; it was
that according to the American "one drop rule", he would be black.
Post by King Amdo
Oh shut up...who gives a fuck.
The West, apparently. They seem loth to give up the habit of depicting
him as if he were a son of Thor.
Silly hippy fucker.
Bholu
2005-12-26 02:15:15 UTC
Post by r***@yahoo.com
The West, apparently. They seem loth to give up the habit of depicting
him as if he were a son of Thor.
Silly hippy fucker.
First of all the dude was real.
He was not son of a non-existent Alla.
He was a kind and loving soul from what I have read - a good man and a
good teacher.
He has been hijacked by Christians.
He may have looked like my friend Francis Kurien.

Peace
r***@yahoo.com
2005-12-26 06:07:28 UTC
Post by Bholu
Post by r***@yahoo.com
The West, apparently. They seem loth to give up the habit of depicting
him as if he were a son of Thor.
Silly hippy fucker.
First of all the dude was real.
He was not son of a non-existent Alla.
He was a kind and loving soul from what I have read - a good man and a
good teacher.
He has been hijacked by Christians.
He may have looked like my friend Francis Kurien.
... or may have looked like Ahmed Chalabi?
Peace
Bholu
2005-12-26 23:03:29 UTC
Post by r***@yahoo.com
... or may have looked like Ahmed Chalabi?
God no!

I doubt if Jesus spent much time sitting on his ass, inventing stories,
embezzling banks or taking $33 million from gullible Americans.

Most likely he was thin from being constantly on the move and dark like
Iraqi farmers from the hot desert sun. His hair may have been long.
r***@yahoo.com
2005-12-27 05:41:32 UTC
Post by Bholu
Post by r***@yahoo.com
... or may have looked like Ahmed Chalabi?
God no!
Why impossible?

Q8. Jesus looked like...
1. a first-century Middle Eastern peasant: swarthy, bearded, short
and skinny.
2. a tall, blue-eyed "perfect" man.
3. a black North African man.
4. impossible to know because Galilee was ethnically mixed.
http://www.beliefnet.com/features/searchforjesus/quiz.asp
Post by Bholu
I doubt if Jesus spent much time sitting on his ass, inventing stories,
embezzling banks or taking $33 million from gullible Americans.
If he looked like Chalabi, why would he necessarily have acted like
Chalabi?
Sure. So, why doesn't he look like this in any depiction?
c***@gmail.com
2005-12-27 13:36:19 UTC
"For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out
of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see
him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him." KJ Isa 53:2

In Christ's love
Carol T
r***@yahoo.com
2005-12-28 16:42:31 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
"For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out
of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see
him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him." KJ Isa 53:2
Unfortunately, Isaiah was not talking about Jesus.
Post by c***@gmail.com
In Christ's love
Carol T
c***@gmail.com
2006-01-02 01:17:45 UTC
Dear Ranjit,

Read back at the prophecy and you will see this is the truth of Christ
as it is revealed to you in love.

Carol T
r***@yahoo.com
2006-01-02 01:39:39 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Dear Ranjit,
Read back at the prophecy
Isaiah couldn't prophesy straight. He claimed that Damascaus would be
completely destroyed and become a ruinous heap (Isaiah 17:1). Is it a
ruinous heap?
Post by c***@gmail.com
and you will see this is the truth of Christ
as it is revealed to you in love.
"For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out
of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see
him, [there is] no beauty that we should desire him." KJ Isa 53:2
So, Mel Gibson should have picked a plug-ugly to play Jesus, what? But
then, could Isaiah prophesy anyone's looks better than he could
prophesy anything else?
Post by c***@gmail.com
In Christ's love
Carol T
r***@yahoo.com
Carol T
c***@ntlworld.com
2005-12-27 11:46:14 UTC
But everybody knows Jesus was British! ;-)
harmony
2005-12-28 20:21:10 UTC
Post by c***@ntlworld.com
Post by r***@yahoo.com
The West, apparently. They seem loth to give up the habit of depicting
him as if he were a son of Thor.
But everybody knows Jesus was British! ;-)
you may be right: kirastanism = racism