You are free to believe whatever you want
a***@gmail.com
2017-05-17 19:05:51 UTC
You are free to believe whatever you want. The restrictions are not on your thoughts, but on your actions. In nation states like India, you can do whatever you want, as long as you do not break the law. However I do not trust man made laws. I believe that you should be able to do whatever you want, as long as you don't violate anyone's human rights. The difficulty lies in defining what those human rights are.

Abhinav Lal
Writer & Investor
s***@yahoo.com
2017-05-18 00:53:11 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
You are free to believe whatever you want.
No. I cant believe (profess my belief that is, not keep it private) that Chinese are stupid people or muslims are evil
Post by a***@gmail.com
The restrictions are not on your thoughts, but on your actions.
Speech is an action. Is that okay? What about writing and press?
Post by a***@gmail.com
In nation states like India, you can do whatever you want, as long as you do not break the law.
War Crimes in Vietnam by Russell was banned in US. Like Bible in Arabia. Should we break laws?
Post by a***@gmail.com
However I do not trust man made laws.
So who should make them?
Post by a***@gmail.com
I believe that you should be able to do whatever you want, as long as you don't violate anyone's human rights. The difficulty lies in defining what those human rights are.
Meaningless statement. You dont know what human rights are but they should be never violated?

Can you say coherently what you mean?
a***@gmail.com
2017-05-18 14:26:17 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Post by a***@gmail.com
You are free to believe whatever you want.
No. I cant believe (profess my belief that is, not keep it private) that Chinese are stupid people or muslims are evil
Some Hindus believe that Muslims are evil.
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Post by a***@gmail.com
The restrictions are not on your thoughts, but on your actions.
Speech is an action. Is that okay? What about writing and press?
You are free to express whatever you want with some limitations. You cannot incite someone to break laws. I would give an alternative statement that you cannot incite the violation of human rights. Additionally India restricts the hurting of religious sentiments, which I don't agree with. Countries can put additional restrictions on freedom of expression, like on hate speech, which I don't agree with.
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Post by a***@gmail.com
In nation states like India, you can do whatever you want, as long as you do not break the law.
War Crimes in Vietnam by Russell was banned in US. Like Bible in Arabia. Should we break laws?
Laws can be wrong. But, generally, you should follow laws, unless you want to risk jail time. For example, laws banning drugs or alcohol are wrong.
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Post by a***@gmail.com
However I do not trust man made laws.
So who should make them?
There is no solution. We live in an imperfect world with imperfect laws.
Post by s***@yahoo.com
Post by a***@gmail.com
I believe that you should be able to do whatever you want, as long as you don't violate anyone's human rights. The difficulty lies in defining what those human rights are.
Meaningless statement. You dont know what human rights are but they should be never violated?
Can you say coherently what you mean?
My education is in business, finance, computers, and engineering. I am not an expert in politics or law. I don't have the necessary expertise to define what human rights are. The UN has made an attempt to define human rights in Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This UDHR is a good starting point in making a complete list of human rights.

To fully discuss human rights would take a long time. Here is a short (incomplete) list of human rights.

Right to life
Freedom from torture
Freedom from slavery
Right to a fair trial
Freedom of speech
Freedom of thought, conscience, and religion
Freedom of movement

As a citizen of India, I am interested in politics and law, without being an expert on it.

Abhinav Lal
Writer & Investor